Arrived in Buffalo

After 24 hours in a plane I finally have my feet back on the ground! Well it's been a long and arduous journey to go from one side of the world to the other! I left Melbourne at 10 am and arrived in Buffalo New York at 1230 am the same day, even though I'd been travelling for over 24 hours.........how bizzare! No wonder I got into bed and slept for a solid sixteen hours, in fact the only reason I woke then was because the phone rang! The weather has been a bit of a shock too. I thought it was cold at home as the temperature in Melbourne had dropped to 16-18 degrees C, well here it is about 2 degrees celcius, pouring rain and a howling wind that cuts a hole in you as you walk don the street! The people however are very friendly and I met a number of fellas who are here on a seminar who filled me in on some of the local history and we had a great chat about the importance of personal stories, so its great to know that other people are as interested as I am in people's stories. I hope to head off to Niagara Falls tomorrow so will have some photos to upload next time round. In the meantime, here's a photo of the M & T Bank building that has a dome of guilded 23-27 carat gold leaf, that cost $500,000 to restore in 1998, more than the cost of the original building!

No comments: